Een heel lekker en super eenvoudig gerecht! (Zeker als je de ravioli kant en klaar kan kopen)
Lekkere ravioli gevuld met ricotta kaas en munt en afgewerkt met een sausje van boter met salie blaadjes. Een klassieker in Sicilië en de eilanden.
This serves 6 persons.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Finely grated lemon zest, for garnish
Fresh sage sprigs, for garnish
For the Filling
2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the Pasta
2 cups fresh mint
3 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dough
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons warm water
1. Make the pasta: Prepare an ice-water bath. Cook mint in a small saucepan of boiling water until bright green, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mint to ice-water bath. When cool, drain, and squeeze out excess water.
2. Transfer mint to a food processor. Add eggs, and process until mint is finely chopped. Combine flour and salt on a work surface; make a well in the center. Add the egg mixture, oil, and water to the well. Using a fork, lightly beat wet ingredients. While beating, draw in the flour mixture, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. (Dough will be shaggy.)
3. Knead dough by hand or in a mixer fitted with a dough hook until very smooth and supple, 10 to 15 minutes by hand, 8 to 10 minutes with a mixer. Wrap in plastic, and let stand for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling: Beat ricotta, goat cheese, salt, and pepper with a mixer on medium speed until well combined and smooth, about 2 minutes.
5. Divide dough into 4 portions. Feed 1 piece of dough (keep remaining pieces covered with plastic) through a pasta machine’s widest setting (#1) twice. Continue to feed through ever-finer settings, 2 passes on each setting, ending on setting #6. (The sheet will be very thin.) If dough is sticking, dust very lightly with flour. Cover dough sheet with plastic. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Using a round cutter, cut pasta sheets into 3 1/2-inch circles. Spoon 1 generous tablespoon of the filling in the center of 1 round. Wet edges of pasta with a finger dipped in water. Top with another pasta round; press edges tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
7. To serve: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1/2 of the ravioli, and cook until they float, 1 to 2 minutes. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. With a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli, along with 1 to 2 teaspoons cooking liquid, to the skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until just glazed, about 2 minutes. Transfer to serving plates. Repeat with remaining ravioli and butter.
8. Garnish with sage leaves, and serve immediately.